Additional materials: Fourth
Perman, Ma, Common, Maddison & McGilvray
NATURAL RESOURCE AND ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS
Chapter 6: Pollution control:
- Biodiversity instruments.pdf
A discussion of instruments for conserving biological diversity.
- Transport.pdf An analysis
of instruments for controlling mobile source (transport) pollution.
- Agriculture.pdf On agricultural
pollution and the economics of agriculture.
- Leastcost.xls Analyses
the example used in Section 6.2 and to be used to answer Problem 6.2.
- Ambient instruments.xls
Worked example of the problem in Section 6.x, and also used in Problem 6.12.
- Ambient instruments.mw A Maple file which replicates the calculations used in the chapter regarding a spatially distributed stock pollutant
- Pollution.xls Simulates
the relative cost-efficiencies of several alternative pollution control instruments.
- Pollution2a.xls Excel file containing answers to the exercises in Pollution.pdf.
- Pollution.pdf Word file outlining the structure of the file Pollution.xls, and listing a set of exercises
based on that Excel file examining relative cost-efficiencies of several alternative pollution control instruments.
- Box 7-10 from the 3rd edition This box was not included in the 4th edition.
- Bob Main paper A short paper by Bob Main showing (for a special case)how and why an emmissions fee is more efficient than an output tax.
- Bob Main.xls Excel file doing the computations that are used in the Bob Main paper.
- Voluntary Compliance
A list of articles suggested by readers on the RESECON mailing list, and compiled
by Dawn Cassandra Parker
- Chapter 6 pictures